canyon wren for lane :>
but what was your /least/ favorite book in high school? reblog and put it in the tags! start a fight with your friends!
ill start it off: mine was the bluest eye.
I’ve been thinking, if house points are mostly awarded for scholary achivements, then how come we have never seen the house full of smarts, ravenclaw ever win the house cup? by all means, they should be trouncing the others.
my theory is that ravenclaw outdoes all the other houses both in gaining, and in losing points. they rack up all the possible points for classwork, assignments AND extra school work. But they also lose a buttload in their other pursuits of knowledge:
– not returning books on time
– staying in the library after hours
– sneaking in the restricted section
– setting up secret potion labs for RESEARCH purposes
– throwing things off the tower FOR RESEARCH
– throwing things into the lake FOR RESEARCH
– taking small field trips into the forbidden forest to get samples and take notes on the wildlife
illegally tampering with muggle stuff FOR RESEARCH
– “borrowing” school equipment and ingredients for said research
– that pet kidnaping incident they never talk about that was sparked by a conversation about muggle schools “wait, you dissect frogs in class? WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT TOO”
– combining random spells and testing them on the student body
– using said student body to test the secret potion lab’s latest creations
– referring to non-ravenclaw students as test subjects in the vicinity of disapproving teachers
what I’m saying is that while the other houses may preceive ravenclaw as a group of quiet bookworms, they are actually more troublesome than the other three combined. FOR RESEARCH.
There has to be some kind of documentation of this too. Everything is nonsense unless you write it down; then it’s science
i demand a series of books with stories of this….research
Me: Sees a male-female close friendship that never turns into romance and is instead a platonic relationship where both of them support and care for one another without any expectation for anything else
Me: Starts applauding while tears of joy roll down my face unheeded
me; r u an angel because you-
girl in the bar: *6 wings unfolding from her back as her body morphs into a conglomeration of lion’s heads covered in burning eyes* you will forget all you have seen *painless white holy fire sweeps across the bar, when the blinding light fades no one remembers a thing and she is gone*
People have written a lot of touchy-feely pieces on this subject but I thought I’d get right to the heart of the matter
This is 1000% more motivating than every preachy “real writers write every day” post on all of Tumblr.
I call this the “two cakes” rule and remind myself of it when I start comparing myself to other people.
Might be a thing to keep in mind for myself xD
I have to keep this in mind, as a way of life.
this is EXACTLY what it’s like to get art of yourself or a character.