Trailer – Belle
Directed by Amma Asante. Starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Miranda Richardson, Emma Watson Tom Wilkinson, Sarah Gadon, Sam Claflin, James Norton, Penelope Wilton, Tom Felton, Sam Reid and Matthew Goode. Premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival last month.
First, this looks pretty solid. Second, I have been wanting a “Black Girl Period Piece” as my friend Cameron calls for it forever. Third, why do I have to wait until May?
In theaters May 2, 2014
I NEED THIS. Saving the date
A period Drama with black people.. *rips hair out in excitement*. I live for this shit.
This looks lovely and incredibly complex. I’m all about it.
ABOUT ANGELS +angels in different religions +history
- The Book of Enoch
- The Torah and The Bible
- The Qur’an
- Wikipedia Article (contains Bible verses, tidbits from different religious theologies)
- Different religious histories +sometimes mentions angel names
- About the Biblical rebellion
- The Book of Jubilees
- Sefer Raziel Hamalach +another .pdf download (Book of the angel Raziel)
- The Magnus (a nice guide to Kabalaah and the Celestial Intelligence)
- Our Angels Are Different (TV Tropes)
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- Saints and Angels (Biblical)
- More Info (spiritual)
- What Does The Bible Say About Angels?
- Creation of Angels and the fall of Lucifer
- All About Angels (have I already linked this? nobody knows)
- Angel Numbers
- More About Angels
- Angelic Nature
ANGEL NAMES (contains meanings and the names of the fallen)
- Wikipedia Article
- Angels and Ghosts
- Names of Angels From Different Religions
- Whispering Worlds
- Zoroastrianism +a little history
- 20000 +info about the hierarchies ect.
- This is a really cute website omg
- A generator thing I found ????
- Proper names of Angels
REGARDING ENOCHIAN (the language of angels)
- History of Enochian- Wikipedia Article; A SPN Wiki Article
- Enochian Alphabet and Spells (IMPORTANT NOTE: please, please do not try to practice these spells on your own without a High Priestess or an experienced person aiding you. Also absolutely do not try to use or form your own exorcisms, exorcisms should ONLY be used by those who are know what they are doing. Exorcisms and the practicing of magick with a lack of guidance, especially if you’re a beginner, and/or without you conditioning yourself can prove to be fatal. Just because you watch Supernatural, Charmed, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or any show that involves types of magick or exorcisms does not mean that you know what you are doing)
- A downloadable software
- An online translator
- The Fourty-Eight Calls, a pronunciation guide, spells and rituals
- Texts and Enochain Temples
- More Information, yay!
- A Really Small Glossary containing the Enochian words introduced in riseofthefallenone’s lovely DeanCas fic, Angel’s Wild
- Towards Enochian Grammar
- Links and Essays (might’ve already linked this, idk)
- The Enochain by John Dee used by Supernatural
- So much shit by Aleister Crowley +contains Enochain also I think
- The Book of Law, where Crowley converses with his Guardian Angel (The Cry of the 8th Aethyr -links to the other Aethyr’s are towards the bottom of the page)
REGARDING TRUE FORMS (according to the Bible)
OTHER PEOPLE’S CONCEPTS AND THEORIES (contains other people’s tags**)
- The City Is Full of Wings +A Glory of Angels (I highly suggest that you read the tags because they’re always so freaking beautiful)
- A Small Collection: Angels, Fallen Angels, Heaven’s Wrath, Trueforms
- Four pages of a tag
- Also contains SPN angels
- Angels, Catholic Imagery, Biblical Subversions +religious mythos
- Because I can
IN FICTIONAL BOOKS (for what books I could find, books are in downloadable .pdf format)
- His Dark Materials Triology –Book One, Book Two, Book Three by Philip Pullman
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
- A Wind In the Door by Madeleine L’engle
- The Vintner’s Luck by Elizabeth Knox
- The Glory Days by Isobelle Carmody
- Daughter of Smoke And Bone by Aini Taylor
- The Space Triology –Book One, Book Two, Book Three by C.S. Lewis
- Angelology by Danielle Trussoni
- Skellig by David Almond
- Angel Fire Series by Andrew Greely
IN NON-FICTIONAL BOOKS (for what books I could find, books are in downloadable .pdf format)
- Angels In Late Ancient Christianity by Ellen Muehlberger
- Fallen Angels and the History of Judaism and Christianity: The Reception of Enochiac Lit. by Annette Yoshiko Reed
- From Gabriel to Lucifer: A Cultural History of Angels by Valery Rees
- Heaven and It’s Wonders and Hell From Things Heard and Seen by Emanuel Swedenborg
FANFICTION (I just really like how angels are portrayed in some of these fics, even if some barely mention angels)
- Daughter (DeanCas but mostly the wonderful Claire Novak hunting angels)
- Angel’s Wild (DeanCas; one of my favourite views on angels)
MOVIES AND SHOWS
- Wings of Desire
- The Prophecy
- City of Angels -click the third link
- Shows: Supernatural, Touched By An Angel
MUSIC (for when you write about angels or just need some inspiration)
Special thanks to this post by notbecauseofvictories, without it I would’ve cried a lot due to my lack of knowledge of other types of medias containing things about angels outside of Good Omens and Supernatural.
Also if you ever need help with writing or anything like that feel free to ask me! I have a crap load of resources and am somewhat knowledgeable about writing in general uwu.
*I don’t know if you want to call this a masterpost, masterpost. It’s kind of just a collection of what’s been it my bookmarks and likes for a while. I’ll probably make a second part to this post as I find more stuff.
**If you see your tag linked on here and would not like it to be, please let me know and I’ll gladly remove it!
the world is heavy
but your bones
(just a cubic inch)
can hold 19,000 lbs
ounce for ounce
they are stronger than steel
atom for atom
you are more precious than diamond
and stars have died
so that you may live
you need to remember these things
when you say that you are weak
You don’t know anyone at the party, so you don’t want to go. You don’t like cottage cheese, so you haven’t eaten it in years. This is your choice, of course, but don’t kid yourself: it’s also the flinch. Your personality is not set in stone. You may think a morning coffee is the most enjoyable thing in the world, but it’s really just a habit. Thirty days without it, and you would be fine.
You think you have a soul mate, but in fact you could have had any number of spouses. You would have evolved differently, but been just as happy.
You can change what you want about yourself at any time. You see yourself as someone who can’t write or play an instrument, who gives in to temptation or makes bad decisions, but that’s really not you. It’s not ingrained. It’s not your personality. Your personality is something else, something deeper than just preferences, and these details on the surface, you can change anytime you like.
If it is useful to do so, you must abandon your identity and start again. Sometimes, it’s the only way.
Set fire to your old self. It’s not needed here. It’s too busy shopping, gossiping about others, and watching days go by and asking why you haven’t gotten as far as you’d like. This old self will die and be forgotten by all but family, and replaced by someone who makes a difference.
Your new self is not like that. Your new self is the Great Chicago Fire—overwhelming, overpowering, and destroying everything that isn’t necessary.